Idoling
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Season 5 of American Idol started last week. Sometimes I forget how much a LOVE LOVE LOVE this show. Last night was the Greensboro episode. It's funny, but I hardly remembered that they held auditions in Greensboro, and it's only like an hour away. Besides that, Greensboro is such an odd location for them to visit. I guess it's central to the state of NC, but Charlotte or Raleigh would have seemed like a more metropolitan choice.
Regardless, there's definitely some talent in and around NC. All of my favorites thus far have come from the Greensboro auditions. I gotta admit, I think Kellie Pickler is a doll, though I think she may be a little bit TOO much like Carrie Underwood. I was also disappointed to find out she's not quite as "small-towny" as the show portrayed her to be. The girl's already competed in Gimme the Mike (a local equivalent to American Idol) and the 2004 Miss North Carolina pageant. Still, she's got a great voice, and I'm looking forward to hearing her sing again.
I also really liked the "babies mama" Kendra Winston and Paris Bennett. Of course, I hate this part of the show because there's no way they can showcase ALL the talent, and when it comes to Hollywood week people don't seem quite as talented as they did in the auditions or some really amazing talent starts to shine through. Basically, it's still anybody's guess as to who will make it to becoming the next American Idol.






0 comments:
Post a Comment