FOUR

Sunday, February 28, 2010 | Categories:

So, I'm a little behind in my blogging because it's already been more than a week since Brick turned 4, but I just couldn't let this milestone pass us by without sharing a little bit of who our boy is at 4.

A few days after his birthday, he agreed to do some exploring near our neighborhood and taking some "4-year-old" pictures in exchange for skipping his "nap." We had the greatest time. I haven't spent time with Brick alone since well before Calla was born. Let's face it, in a family of 5, there's not really a lot of opportunities for any of us to have one-on-one time. We're definitely going to make more of an effort to do that. During our walk, I thanked Brick for spending the time with me, and he responded, "Yeah. I'm really glad we did this."



At 4, Brick's a pretty interesting kid. We've come a long way since this. Sometime this year, we told us he wanted his own Twitter (after finding the Twitter application on Bryan's iPhone). I'm tempted to take him up on it, because some of the things he says are just priceless. Although, I'm sure it wouldn't be long before he was posting updates himself. He LOVES the computer. In fact, when Bryan got me a new laptop for Christmas, we moved my older computer into the playroom for Brick to use. His favorite website is by far Boowa & Kwala.



He's all boy and loves things like Star Wars, superheroes and, most recently, Scooby Doo, but he's sweet and gentle wherever his sisters are concerned. He's extremely helpful with Quinn. Much more than I would expect a kid his age to be. Sometimes a little too much, like the time he carried Quinn upstairs, all by himself.



His favorite food, according to him, is "cheesy rice casserole" which is really nothing more than a packet of store-bought cheddar & broccoli rice mixed with some EXTRA broccoli (because it's good to eat your vegetables). He just recently given up his naps, a sure sign that he's growing up, in exchange for "quiet time" in his room.



All in all, we expect big things for Brick this year. It's his last year as a "baby." Soon enough, he'll be 5 and heading off to Kindergarten and impressing us with a whole new set of tricks. We love you, little man!

1 comments:

  1. Wow! He's gotten so tall! Brick is such an awesome little guy. :)