Summer

Friday, August 07, 2009

July is a historically bad month for me and blogging. In 2007, I posted 7 entries, last year, a whopping 3, this year ... 0. I have no excuse really, but there have been more than a few things I've meant to get caught up on.

For starters, we're expecting again. I'm nearly 22 weeks along. We found out yesterday that Baby #3's a girl. She's due in December, most likely the week of Christmas. Calla and her new baby sister will be almost exactly 2 years apart. This pregnancy seems to have worn on me a little more than the first two did. I'm sure it's being in an office instead of working from home and the fact that we've had a record-breaking 30-something days over 100 this summer in Austin.

Our beautiful Calla Mae reached a milestone this summer - she's now officially a year an a half old. Signs of toddler-hood are already starting to creep in. She's definitely developing more personality and spunk. Her most recent well-baby visit was great, with the exception of the three shots she had to receive, which she immediately forgot about as soon as the nurse dazzled her with pretty rings and bracelets. No doubt about it - she is a girly girl!

She loves wearing dresses and bows and being told how pretty she is. She dotes on her baby dolls and animals - does she ever love animals. Every kind of animal - dogs and monkeys and tigers and rhinos, even bugs - are all adorable to Calla. She squeals with delight whenever she sees one.

She's starting to talk, though her vocabulary is still small: "Mommy," "Daddy," "dog," "ball," "banana," "stuck," and increasingly "no" are among her favorites words. We've been talking to her about the baby, but she's still clinging to the idea that she's the baby.

I've actually had to put my photography aspirations on hold for the time being. Between parenting and work and pregnancy lethargy, it was all just a little bit too much. I unfortunately haven't been taking many pictures at all this summer. I will leave you with this though. I had the awesome experience of photographing a birth recently. In spite of the effort, I would do this a hundred times over if given the opportunity. Thanks again, Jenna!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on another girl! That's so exciting! I didn't realize you were taking photography assignments - you did an awesome job with the birth. What beautiful images! I don't know where you find the time, but I'm impressed. :)

  2. Been wondering how you've been. Great job on the birth slideshow!

  3. BRILLIANT!!! This is your gift - among many.

    Love you,
    Mom

  4. Congratulations on your pregnancy!