Hold me accountable
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
My dear friend Claudia convinced me to run a half marathon. So, convinced may be a bit of an understatement. She came into work one morning and said "AM, what do you think about running a half marathon?" I promptly replied that she was crazy - no way - it was enough that I was even considering running in the Capital 10K. But then she pointed out that I had ample time to train, and the training schedule wasn't THAT rigorous.
So, here I am ... training for a half marathon. We ran 3.5 miles last night and another 2 today. We're supposed to run another 3.5 tomorrow and do some strength training, but I ACHE. Bryan's the real champion in all of this so far. He's decided to train with me "just because," but us running together means someone (him) has to push our double-stroller and two children up Texas' beautiful hills. It's bad enough to run up those without the additional 60+ pounds of force working against you.
Nonetheless, I'm excited about the challenge, excited about potentially getting in shape (FINALLY), excited about a "fun" activity we can do as a family.
Anyone want to join me?






Jaidean | February 4, 2009 at 10:56 PM
That is great! I ran one a couple years ago and it was definitely tough, but rewarding! I would love to say I would join you, but unfortunately, I am not that motivated anymore and I absolutely killed my knee (ended up in physical therapy) and I'm afraid of that happening again!
Jen | February 5, 2009 at 8:06 PM
How awesome! Good for y'all :)
Anonymous | February 7, 2009 at 2:05 PM
Very awesome... I'd join you myself, but ummm, I don't really do "running"... ha, congrats!