Quarantined

Sunday, February 08, 2009

On Friday morning, I felt miserable, but we had a company off-site. Considering it's usually a pretty laid back event, I opted to stick it out. I struggled miserably through it, downing cup after cup of hot tea. By the end of the event, I was burning up, so I drove on over to the local clinic where I came up positive for the flu. I almost never get sick, so it's usually got to be bad to get me to the doctor's office. And bad it was ... 103-degree fever kind of bad.

The lesson to be had here is get your flu shot. I didn't this year - and I got the flu. The doctor advised that I stay away from the kids and Bryan, so I quarantined myself to our guest bedroom for all of Saturday. Being a sick mom is no fun. Let's face it, no matter how much our husbands claim they have it "under control" they're version of under control is DRASTICALLY different from ours. The only thing worse than being a sick mom is having a sick kid.

Despite all our efforts, Brick came down with the flu too. Proof number 2 that we should have gotten our flu shots. Bryan and Calla did. They're both well. Brick and I did not. And we got the flu. If there was ever a day to be stuck home sick with your kid, today would be it. It's a dreary, rainy Monday here in Texas. Perfect weather for a couple of sicks to curl up on the couch resting and recovering.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! So sorry to hear y'all got the flu :( That is no fun. It's rampant up here too. And if it makes you feel any better...last year, I got the flu shot and got the flu anyway. Feel better soon!

  2. It was under control. This is Trash.