Crash!
Friday, March 16, 2007
So, a night intended for some grocery shopping turned into one big headache a few days ago. Since it was raining, Bryan dropped Brick and I off at the front of the store. I was about to put Brick in the shopping cart when I heard a crashing sound. It honestly sounded like Bryan had run over something in the street. I turned around only to find my Jeep wrapped around a sign post.
The whole thing was pretty surreal. Since it was raining, he never even saw the sign and drove right into it. He was moving pretty slowly, but it seems like there's a TON of damage to the front end. Insurance has decided it's worth salvaging, which seems to be a good thing. We'd just paid off the Jeep not too long ago and were planning on having at least a few years with no car payments. Had it been totalled, it's likely we would have dug into our savings some to get a slightly better car.
It's pretty fortunate that Brick wasn't in the car. Bryan's fine. The jolt wasn't too much for him, but who knows how it may have felt to a baby.
Here's a few pictures of the damage, including one of the pole. As you can see, it was left unscathed.









0 comments:
Post a Comment