When toddlers attack

Saturday, January 17, 2009 | Categories:

Friday was my 30th birthday (more on that later, hopefully). Today, we were all a little tired from the festivities, so we decided to recuperate by taking extra-long naps (or so I foolishly thought). While Bryan, Jameson, and I were busy napping, Brick was quietly entertaining himself by unloading the contents of his entire dresser onto his bedroom floor. On the bright side, he didn't protest too much when I asked him to help me clean up.



Note the steps up against the dresser. My resourceful child decided to take the steps that are normally used to help him get into his bed and put them near the dresser. And, you can't tell from the photo, but he changed his own diaper. He stripped off his clothes, took off his wet diaper, threw it away in the Diaper Champ, and put on a new, clean swim diaper. The only casualties from this little "experiment" were the Curious George book (though it was pretty much on its way out anyway) and my park ticket from when I visited Tokyo Disneyland in 1997. At least Brick was courteous enough to throw it away after he tore it into shreds.

0 comments: