Pumpkin Patch
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 | Categories: Brick, Calla
I'm going to ignore my complete disregard for this blog lately to take a minute and share some photos of the kids during our recent visit to the Elgin Pumpkin Patch (aka. a barn with some pumpkins in it). I genuinely love the Elgin Christmas Tree Farm, but the whole pumpkin "patch" left something to be desired. I did appreciate that there were more than a few great spots for taking pictures.
I just adore this cheesy little toddler grin from Brick. I can't even remember what I told him to get him to sit still and smile. It's totally posed an so unnatural, but it makes me smile!



So, I have no idea what Bryan was thinking, but I assumed the farm-hand was kidding when he asked Brick if he wanted to ride the "big horse". This thing was seriously 6 or 7 feet tall, definitely no pony (and there were plenty of ponies available for riding). But they helped him up into the saddle, and Brick rode around in a circle, happy as could be. I think there's some ranching in that boy's future.






McGee | October 22, 2008 at 11:38 PM
Seriously, you need to post more often. I looked at that photos of both of the kids, and my first thought was, "Who is that kid in Brick's lap? OMG - that's Calla!" She is getting so big and growing up so fast!
Meredith rode her first pony a few weeks ago and then had a close encounter with a few horses at Sweet Berry Farm recently. She's torn between loving it and being totally terrified. LOL!
Jaidean | October 23, 2008 at 9:39 PM
They are getting so big - you need to post pictures of them more often!!!