Genius
Thursday, August 07, 2008 | Categories: Brick
Brick's teachers have commented several times on his verbal capacity. I tend to just smile politely and say thank you. I figure he may be smart, but is he really THAT much more advanced than the other 2-year-olds in his class?
Today, the fine folks at BabyCenter sent me this email:
By 30 months, your child can name a few body parts, some colors, and even a friend or two. Her memory and speaking ability work in tandem. ... She can't imitate your complex language patterns yet, but her brain is absorbing them.
And if I may, I'd like to brag on our child for a minute 'cause if this is the verbal capacity of the average 30-month-old, then Brick's teachers may be on to something. For at least a couple of months now, Brick's been able to configure full and complete sentences, and his memory is outstanding - just ask Gramps, who joked with Brick about taking him to see "The Dark Knight" only to wake up to a kid asking, "Are we going to see the Dark Knight today?"






Jen | August 13, 2008 at 9:43 PM
Are you really surprised he's a genius? ;)