Two weekends worth
Wednesday, April 30, 2008 | Categories: Brick, Family
As I mentioned, I'm a little behind on blogging and even further behind on editing my photos. We've been having a lot of fun on the weekends, and haven't had a whole lot of time for much else.
A couple of weeks ago, we attended an air show at Camp Mabry. It turned out to be really cool. Brick LOVED every second of it. He was too cute. On the way to the show, we got him excited by talking to him about how he was going to see big helicopters. His excitement about getting to see some helicopters some how turned into "I want to sit in a helicopter," which turned into "I want to fly a helicopter." I can't really fault the kid for being ambitious. We did get to fulfill the second request.
He even got to sit in a giant tank. Again, he loved it. Maybe you can't tell, but this is the face he makes when he's REALLY excited about something.
We also had our picture taken with the Freedom Chopper built by OCC. It's our first family photo since Calla was born. Classic, isn't it? At least the bike looks cool.
This past weekend, we went to the Wiener Dog Races in Buda. That was also loads of fun. While we were waiting in line for the shuttle bus, Brick kept commenting on all the dogs. So, we snagged a line from Go, Dog. Go! and told Brick we were going to a big dog party! That's exactly what it was. There were dogs everywhere. And lots of fun for Brick too.
He got to say hello to H-E-Buddy (representative for a local grocery store chain - He's a grocery bag, for anyone who can't tell). Brick was so confident when we met Buddy. He stood by him for a picture with very little encouragement and even stopped to give Buddy a big hug.

Brick also got to ride a pony for the very first time. Daddy stayed close by, but Brick held on all by himself, and adored every second of his ride. Oh, and check out Brick's shoes! Aren't they great? He's becoming a true Austinite in his mandatory summertime flip-flops. I think it's so cool that he's old enough now for some flops.
Brick also got to ride on this cool little tractor train they had. Notice how some of the kids are riding with their parents? Well, not Brick. Bryan tried to squeeze into the car with him, but Brick refused. He insisted on riding alone, only to freak out moments after the train started moving. They folks running the train were kind enough to let us calm Brick down and put him back in his seat, where he sat stoic throughout the rest of the ride. Afterwards, he told us he really enjoyed it, so we'll just take his word for it.

And finally what would a wiener dog festival really be without ... the Weiner Mobile?!
On our way back to the car, I made a critical error in judgment. Taking the shuttle is a bit cumbersome when you have two kids, a double stroller, a diaper bag and a camera to tend to, so we decided to walk. Hoping to avoid some of the traffic on the main road, I suggested that we walk down a side street, not remembering that on the way there, our bus got on to that side street by taking the highway.
We walked WAY far out of the way only to find ourselves trekking through a neighborhood that we weren't totally sure would cut through to the lot where the car was parked. We finally found a hole in the fence at the end of a cul-de-sac. So, imagine if you will, Bryan and I hoisting our two kids, in a stroller through this hole in the fence. We were sincerely joyful and elated when we all made it through safely and could see our car. I seriously think what should have been about a mile's walk turned into about 5 miles. I'm still soar!






Anonymous | May 7, 2008 at 3:47 PM
i just stumbled across your blog - it is great! i love your photography. :)
Anonymous | May 25, 2008 at 9:08 AM
The weinergod races look like so much fun, Abby would have loved that. I had no idea that it existed, :( We will have to remember for next year.