My Top Ten

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 | Categories:

I decided to browse through my photo archives and pick out my favorite photographs from 2007. Here they are in no particular order.

Balloons over Lake Travis, taken 8/11
It's not often Bryan lets me indulge in my love of photography. I guess he was feeling generous this morning, because after I took about a million shots from the park where the balloons launched, he treated me to a jaunt down a side road, where we found a vacant lot and the perfect composition. I liked this photo so much, we had it printed on canvas.


Bump, taken 9/5
I have no talent for self-portraits. Maybe that's why I love this photo, because it's a self-portrait that finally worked.


Calla, taken 12/20
She managed to sneak in at the very end of 2007. Something about her little face in this shot just grabs me.


Curl, taken 3/19
I took this shot as part of a photography scavenger hunt. This was my shot for the objective "curl." I love the way the bamboo spirals in and out of focus.


Sick day, taken 1/2
One of the first photographs I took in 2007, and one of the first taken with my 50mm 1.8 lens. It must be hard to look so darn cute when you're sick.


Happy Valentine's Day, taken 2/11
This was just one of those lucky shots. I set Brick up on a backdrop with a bunch of cut-out hearts and just started shooting away. Most of the shots are of him covering his face with the hearts and just plain being silly, but he gave me one shot that just melts my heart.


Blue, taken 2/26
I think this one was a favorite for lots of people. Whenever I post it, I always get asked what I did to his eyes. The answer is nothing. It may have been the reflection of the sky or the sunlight beaming in that made them look so blue, but whatever it was, it draws you in.


Captain Part II, taken 9/8
This picture verges on snapshot quality, but I love the way it totally captured the moment. Brick was having loads of fun and Bryan was just being chill. This is who they are.


Butterfly kite, taken 3/4
I feel like I got lots of great shots at the Zilker Kite Festival. There's no denying that beautiful skies and amazing colors make for some good photographic conditions.


Bye, taken 9/11
Another lucky shot. We pass by this bridge often, and I've always wanted to take Brick there to take some photos. He was more interested in just running back and forth across the bridge. I still don't know how I managed to get this one.

1 comments:

  1. i am in love with all of these shots girl! "blue" is awesome!!