Balloons!
Sunday, August 12, 2007 | Categories: Photography
Our Saturday this weekend started well before sunrise. Normally, I don't jump at the chance to get up before Brick does, but when I heard the Central Texas Ballooning Association would be in town and taking flight over Lake Travis, I couldn't miss the photo opportunity. I absolutely LOVE watching and capturing hot air balloons. I think my obsession began when I first attended Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta a few years back with my parents. Bryan's heard about the trip so frequently, I think he sometimes feels like he went himself.
This event was similar, but on a MUCH smaller scale. There were about 10-15 hot air balloons that launched from Mansfield Park and floated over Lake Travis. We got to watch as the crews set up the balloons and took off into the sunrise. Here's a few of my favorite shots from the event:




This is my personal favorite shot. Don't be surprised if you see a print of it hanging in our home in the near future. I love how it totally encompasses where we live now. We're just a few miles from this lake, and see it often. Plus, it's a Texas themed balloon. Really, how can you beat that?
Take special note of the balloon in this picture:
After the launch, we headed for a delicious breakfast at the Austin-famous Kerbey Lane Cafe. As we were getting in our car, I spotted the balloon. It appeared as though it was descending in a nearby neighborhood. Bryan, Brick and I became a temporary balloon chase team and quickly followed the balloon to this tiny field (fairly close to a major highway and right next to a gas station, nonetheless), where we got to see it land.






0 comments:
Post a Comment