100 Things

Friday, January 12, 2007 | Categories:

Inspired by some of the blogs I visit, I've decided to write 100 things about me. Hopefully it will give anyone reading a glimpse into all the quirky little things that make me me.


  1. I am a Christian.

  2. I always say little "thank-you" prayers for things like finding my keys or avoiding an accident.

  3. Ironically, I don't pray about the big things nearly as much as I should.

  4. My birthday is January 16th. It's quite possibly my favorite day of the year.

  5. I'm the middle child but avoided suffering from "middle child syndrome" because I'm the only girl.

  6. I have two brothers.

  7. My hair has never been cut shorter than shoulder length.

  8. I have brown hair and brown eyes.

  9. My eyes NEVER change color.

  10. I love that our son bears a striking resemblance my husband in spite of the fact that I carry a lot of dominant genes.

  11. I bear a striking resemblance to my mom and my brothers. It's the whole dominant gene thing in action.

  12. I'm not confident about applying makeup. I blame my mom, who has flawless skin and almost never wears makeup.

  13. I love going to formal events because it gives me an opportunity to dress up.

  14. I generally don't like to wear the same formal gown more than once.

  15. I've taken a ride in a hot air balloon - and would recommend it to anyone. It's really an amazing experience.

  16. I'd really like to learn to sail.

  17. I have a hyphenated first name and had no middle name until I was married. Then I took my maiden name as my middle name.

  18. My first name is not hyphenated on my birth certificate. It was changed legally when I got my driver's license at 16.

  19. I was named after my maternal grandmother.

  20. My first name would have been "Georgia-Anne" if my dad had "won" the great baby naming debate.

  21. I was a breastfed baby.

  22. My son is a breastfed baby, and I hope to continue nursing until he's at least one year old.

  23. I'm so tired of pumping to provide milk while our son's in daycare that I'm anxiously awaiting his first birthday.

  24. I love that experiencing things with my son is like experiencing them for the first time all over again.

  25. I love being a mom.

  26. Being a mom is the most difficult thing I've ever done in my life.

  27. At various times in my life, I have aspired to be a teacher, an author, a ballerina, an actress, a singer, a greeting card writer, a child psychologist ... just to name a few.

  28. I have worked at Walt Disney World, in a retail store, as a waitress and in technical support.

  29. I once waited on singer Bruce Hornsby. He took the signed credit card receipt, and I ended up with $0 for a tip.

  30. I currently work in "Corporate America".

  31. I don't love my current role, but I love the company I work for.

  32. The job I have now is the same job I've had since graduating from college.

  33. I work from home 100% of the time.

  34. I would love to pursue a career in graphic design or photography.

  35. I don't consider myself to be a creative person.

  36. I could never be a nurse or a doctor. The sight of blood makes me queasy.

  37. Growing up, I was regularly a member of the studio audience for the Disney Channel's all new Mickey Mouse Club - the show that started the careers of Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera.

  38. I attended NSYNC's first concert EVER at Pleasure Island on October 22, 1995. (I still have the invite.) I haven't been to an NSYNC concert since.

  39. I auditioned to be a Mousekeeteer on MMC but was too painfully shy to sing at the audition.

  40. I love to sing really loudly in my car when no one's around to hear me.

  41. My very first car was a 1982 Ford Fairmont. It was 13 years old at the time.

  42. I've totaled my car twice. I was not at fault either time.

  43. I graduated from high school with a degree from the International Baccalaureate Programme.

  44. I am very talented with Mathematics. I scored 780 out of 800 on the Math section of the SATs.

  45. My IQ is exactly 2 points higher than my husband's - and it bothers him immensely.

  46. My IQ falls within the range of "very superior intelligence."

  47. I pride myself on my intellect - maybe a little too much.

  48. I've become far too dependent on my spell checker and have forgotten how to spell.

  49. I attended a small liberal arts college - The College of William & Mary.

  50. I have a Bachelor's of Business Administration degree in Information Technology.

  51. I've considered pursuing higher education but have no idea what I might study.

  52. I have not yet taken the GRE and feel really unprepared to do so.

  53. I love to travel. So far, I've visited Japan, Spain, England and Ireland.

  54. I know enough Spanish to carry on a good conversation, but it's been awhile since I've had any practice.

  55. I've been to Four Corners and have stood in 4 states at one time.

  56. I have trouble reading a map unless I'm holding it in the same direction that I'm traveling.

  57. I would love to run The Amazing Race with my husband.

  58. My favorite board game is Scattegories.

  59. I have seen a game of Monopoly come to an end. It was quite painful. (Thanks, Dad.)

  60. I love Google.

  61. I love movies.

  62. I thought The Pursuit of Happyness was depressing and a far reach from the "feel-good movie of the year."

  63. I wish I had more time to read.

  64. I am an adamant non-smoker.

  65. I have never tried marijuana (or any illegal substances, for what it's worth).

  66. I don't have any tattoos, nor do I have any desire to have any tattoos.

  67. I got my ears pierced when I was three.

  68. I don't believe in ghosts.

  69. Regardless, I hate to be scared and refuse to watch scary movies or visit haunted houses.

  70. I love Austin.

  71. I miss seasons.

  72. I'd like to live in Colorado.

  73. I love snow-skiing.

  74. I played lacrosse in high school.

  75. I have a new-found enjoyment of jogging, thanks to my husband.

  76. I didn't learn to ride a bicycle until I was 10 years old.

  77. I sucked my thumb while sleeping until I was 7 or 8 years old.

  78. I love to bake, especially from scratch.

  79. Strawberry is my favorite flavor.

  80. I would like to try to eat more healthy foods.

  81. I decided to become a vegetarian on a whim and stuck with it through part of high school and most of college.

  82. I'm content to be an omnivore again.

  83. The only craving I had throughout my entire pregnancy was for chicken pot pie.

  84. I still don't like chicken pot pie.

  85. I look forward to checking the mailbox everyday.

  86. I don't like to write with any color ink other than black. (When blue pens end up in our house, I usually throw them away.)

  87. I fold all my laundry as if it were going to be displayed in a retail store.

  88. I am not a morning person.

  89. I took piano lessons as a child.

  90. I quit because I didn't like waking up early on Saturday mornings. I wish I hadn't quit.

  91. I think I might like to learn to play the fiddle.

  92. I met my husband through Roommates.com. I wasn't looking for love, just someone to help pay my mortgage.

  93. My very first impression of my husband was that he was short. He's not. He's average height, somewhere between 5'9" and 5'10".

  94. I am just a tad bit above average height at 5'5".

  95. I developed early and was always taller than most of the students in my classes throughout middle school and most of high school.

  96. I think I developed a height complex because of this.

  97. I was not married when I found out I was pregnant.

  98. Dating my housemate and conceiving our son were two my life's greatest "mistakes."

  99. I believe that everything happens for a reason.

  100. I believe my life has been influenced by Divine Intervention.

0 comments: