Tiny Blessings

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Liz is our part-time babysitter who watches Brick during the day so I can devote some genuine attention to work. She's taking vacation next week and then returning to school full-time. Over the past few weeks, my schedule has become more demanding as well. It's becoming harder and harder to accomplish what I need to during the hours that Liz watches Brick.

All things considered, it was time for us to start re-evaluating our childcare needs. We looked into several well-received centers in the area, but found the more-than-our-mortgage price tags a little hard to swallow. So, we again looked into in-home care facilities. We met with two very nice families, but had our reservations for whatever reasons.

I'm a steadfast believer in the philosophy that everything happens for a reason. I also think that part of the mystery of life is that the "reasons" aren't always obvious to us. In driving to meet one of the aforementioned caregivers, we passed a church with a huge banner promoting their childcare facilities. I mumbled the name of the church over and over again intending to remember it and look it up when I returned home. That was yesterday.

Today, I was about to follow up with the caregivers we'd interviewed when I remembered the church and decided to investigate it further. When I phoned the location, I was greeted by Ms. Vickie who explained to me the facilities and their ideals. It all sounded fantastic to me, so I was sure there was an outrageous tuition fee to accompany it as well, but I was mistaken.

We ended up meeting with Ms. Vickie (director of the center) today, and from the moment I stepped onto the grounds I felt this overwhelming sense of relief. Not at all like what I'd experienced during our other interviews. I am so excited to have found this option.

0 comments: