Father's Day Weekend

Monday, June 19, 2006

Once again, we had a really nice, relaxing weekend. Bryan and Brick eased into their Saturday by watching a little TV in bed.



We headed over the Sears for Brick's 4 Month Portraits. While there, we looked into Bryan's Father's Day present and ended up purchasing a 56" Toshiba DLP HDTV (It was our intention to buy "big TV" for Father's Day). This thing is massive. We don't have it in the house yet, but I'm frightened I might hate it when it finally does arrive. Bryan couldn't be more excited. I figure we'll make it work.

That afternoon, we headed over to Bryan's dad's house for a belated birthday / Father's Day celebration that included some delicious kabobs and spitting watermelon seeds from the back porch. (You've gotta love summertime!)

In the early evening, we went to see Mission Impossible 3. It was actually a very entertaining movie. There's one scene that takes place on a rooftop, and the cinematography was such that you felt like you might just fall off. It was definitely cool.

Something interesting always happens to us on our little outings, and this instance was no exception. So, we're sitting in the theatre, right, which is only about 25% full. About 10 minutes into the start of the movie, a couple walks in and chooses to sit RIGHT NEXT to Bryan. Not that there's anything wrong with that, when the theatre's packed, but like I said, the theatre was only about a quarter full. In hindsight, I find it interesting that it's a social expectation not invade people's "personal space" unless absolutely necessary. In case you're wondering, Bryan and I ended up moving down a seat to accommodate ourselves.

0 comments: