Serious Scare
Tuesday, March 28, 2006
My first genuine parental scare came today. Now, I have to admit that I'm one of those overly anxious parents who worries when her child sleeps a little too peacefully. And yes, I am guilty of checking to make sure he's still breathing in those moments. But for the most part, I think I tend to remain relatively calm about parenting.
Not today. This evening, Brick had a spit up episode of projectile proportions. Milk came flying out of his mouth and nose, landing all over himself, me and the floor. I was immediately terrified. He seemed okay. Along the lines of acknowledging our daily gratitudes, I am immensely thankful that he's okay.
All of this happened just a few hours ago. He's since returned to his normal behaviors and at this very moment is sleeping peaceful. Fortunately, I can hear him breathing, so I can remain calm and have nothing to worry about, for now.






0 comments:
Post a Comment