Growing Up

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Becoming a mom has certainly made me realize how much things in life change, but isn't it interesting how when we're separated from certain people, they seem paralyzed in a particular age in our minds? Case in point: I was browsing through MySpace.com and was checking out the page of a friend I haven't had contact with since I was about 15 or 16. I noticed that one of the comments on the page was from her baby sister, only it took me a moment to realize it was her baby sister! I think there were like 6 years between them, which would make her sister like 21 now, but she remains forever in my mind as a 10-year-old kid!

This isn't the first time I've had this experience, most of the siblings of my friends from high school seem like they should still be 12 even though many of them have been through college and some have even started careers. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I'm wondering where the time went with Brick!

0 comments: