Gratitude
Friday, March 24, 2006
Bryan's going to kill me for saying this, but I was watching The View the other day (he just loves that I watch junk television all day). Anyway, they were discussing keeping a gratitude journal. The idea is that if you write one thing every day that you are thankful for, you will increase your general level of happiness. Now, I'm not saying I need more happiness in my life, but I do think it's good to acknowledge the good things in our life.
Writing this has made me think of one of my favorite songs, ironically enough, titled "Gratitude" by Nichole Nordeman. If you have an opportunity, I would strongly encourage checking out the song, but here's an excerpt:
We'll give thanks to You with gratitude
For lessons learned in how to trust in You
That we are blessed beyond what we could ever dream
In abundance or in need
So, for today, I am thankful for napping babies, namely mine. Brick's been extremely alert and fussy this week, and it's difficult for me to keep up with him. But today, he's taken a series of naps. This sleepy time allowed me to accomplish some things around the house (like taking a shower and cleaning the bathroom). Those may seem like tiny tasks, completing them makes me feel wonderfully accomplished and allows me to relax and cherish those active baby hours.






0 comments:
Post a Comment