Catching Up

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Once again, I've been lazy at keeping this blog up to date. That's due in part to the fact Bryan, Brick and I had a little change of scenery last week. Bryan scheduled some appointments in and around Atlanta, and since I'm still on maternity leave, Brick and I went along for the ride.

Brick was surprisingly well behaved in the car. We stopped from time to time so he could eat and to stretch him out a little, but pretty much as soon as he returned to his car seat, he slept for a few hours again. It was magnificent.

While in the area, we were able to take in some of the sights. On Sunday, we visited Stone Mountain Park. We also grabbed lunch at this Frontera Mex-Mex Grille. I mention this only because in true blog fashion, I have a picture of my husband with food:

We were amused by the little flags they put in all the food. More amusing was a menu item known as El Gigante. It's a 16" long burrito. When you eat the whole thing, you get a t-shirt that says "I survived El Gigante of Frontera". Bryan was extremely tempted to overcome the El Gigante challenge, but was ultimately deterred by the price tag ($17 for something that probably costs 50 cents to make).

Later on in the week, we all visited the brand new Georgia Aquarium. It's supposedly the largest aquarium in the world. While it's not very educational in nature, the sights are fantastic. They have this one room that's essentially a gigantic fish tank in which they've seemingly replicated the entire ocean. I can't really do it justice to describe it. Maybe a picture would help:

Then again, it's really worth experiencing for yourself!

0 comments: