Weekend Fun & Monday Blues
Monday, September 19, 2005
It would be Monday, and I would have what looks like it could be my first cold of the season. Typically, I'm fortunate enough to get sick just twice every year: once at the beginning of the spring and once near the start of fall. I've never been tested for allergies, so I couldn't tell you if it's allergy-related, but I'm sure it is. Nonetheless, I woke up this morning and had a nasty soar throat. No doubt it's a sign of things to come.
Hopefully, this year won't be much different from previous years. There's something about being sick AND pregnant that makes me particularly cautious and annoyed about being sick.
Other than my minor annoyance today, this weekend was great. Friday night, Bryan and I joined a co-worker of Bryan's for dinner at Blue Note Restaurant in Cary. The food was really great, but the portions were small and overpriced, making me think we probably won't visit there often. But the atmosphere was cool ... a live Jazz trio played off and on through the night.
Saturday we got some chores done around the house and then headed out for a night of bowling. It was great. I bowled a 140 for the first time EVER. I usually average about 70, and rarely break 100, so this was a real treat.
Sunday we bummed around the house a little and then went over to another friend of Bryan's to have dinner with him and his wife. I made cherry pie. It was surprisingly okay.






0 comments:
Post a Comment